Last night and into this morning, Jackson did not feed well. He was fussy and would not eat. To compound things, we realized in the middle of the night that he hadn't had a bowel movement all day. These two things concerned us (the feeding was because he had been so good up to this point and then just regressed unexpectedly), so we called the nurse practitioner at the pediatrician's office this morning to make sure things were ok. We were told to come in to see the lactation consultant to see if we can address the feeding issues. Of course, Jackson did just fine when we were trying to show her that he wasn't doing it. She told us that Allison and Jackson are doing everything right and sometimes it just happens, especially the first night at home in a new place. And we were told that the lack of poopy diapers is nothing to be concerned about at this point as long as he continues to have wet ones (which he does). We were home less than 24 hours and made our first "concerned parents" phone call to the doctor. I am a little ashamed. But to our credit, the nurse said we did the right thing by calling given the circumstances and the fact pattern.
While we were waiting, I took the cutest picture of Jackson, which is now the new background on my iPhone...
Jackson got to meet his Great-Great Aunt Lolli (Lisa) and his third cousin Liz. They stopped by for a quick visit. Lisa is my Baylor santuary in an otherwise aggie group of in-laws, so we swaddled Jackson in his Baylor blanket. :)
And by the way, since he is now home, I am not going to take a ton of pictures. Well, at least not enough for me to create an album of pictures for the day like I did at http://gallery.me.com/jagreen12. I will just post pictures I deem appropriate, like these:
Jackson in his preemie (because he is so small) outfit that Aunt Katherine bought him.
The swing is huge compared to him.
Friday, November 6, 2009
A little scare (but it's all ok...don't worry)
Posted by Jonathan Green at 10:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment