Sunday, November 8, 2009

Almost a week old

Jackson is almost a week old. Things are going well, but I am nervous about going to work tomorrow. Not getting a lot of sleep at night is fine when I can take a nap and snooze during the day, but when I am expected to perform my job at a high level and be able to think critically and quickly...that will be difficult if I am getting chunks of two hours of sleep a couple of times a night. But I will manage just as others have managed before me.

As of the time of this post, we are still waiting on Jackson to have a poopy diaper. The nurse told us on Friday that it is not all that uncommon for babies to go a couple of days without a poopy diaper as long as they keep having a good amount of wet ones. Jackson is having plenty of wet ones, so that is good. The nurse said that if he hasn't had one by Sunday night, then we need to call the doctor Monday morning and have him looked at. The last time he had a poopy diaper was at 6:45am on Friday. I never thought I would be checking his diaper hoping for something to be in it...

One thing I found today on iTunes that I am really stoked about is a personalized CD of Christian lullabies sung for Jackson. His name is inserted in the lyrics in each of the songs. Allison and I have found that music soothes him when he is trying to go back to sleep in the middle of the night (and it soothes us too for that matter). So this was pretty neat.

0 comments: