Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It all sounds good for Jackson

Jackson passed his hearing test today! Not that there was really any doubt. He has been responsive to our voices and sounds around him, but now it is official. I wasn't really nervous about many potential birth defects, but deaf and blind were two I were anxious to find out about. So it is a relief to know that he is neither.

Jackson also got circumcised today, so that set us back a little bit on the breastfeeding front. We had been making some progress, but naturally he did not feel like doing anything but sleeping after that traumatizing ordeal. Naturally, getting your baby to breastfeed is a challenge, but it seems like the deck is stacked against Jackson...being a little guy and with Allison giving birth early before her body was completely ready. So say a prayer that everything works itself out over the next few days.

In other news, Philip and Hannah were able to come up to Dallas late last night but had to leave this morning. But I am glad that ole P-Wayne got to see his new grandson in the hospital. My brother made a quick trip today to see his nephew, so I was glad he was able to come also.

I promised some pictures, and so I am delivering on my promise. The camera we use takes big ones, so the files are like 3 MB each. It is easier for me to just upload them to the internet to allow everyone a chance to download them at their leisure. You can see the pictures sorted by date taken at http://public.me.com/jagreen12

0 comments: