Monday, June 29, 2009

Jackson's first video

I mentioned in my last post that I had video that I would try to put on the blog. Good news: I was able to upload some video of the sonogram. It's good to know my way around a computer. So without further ado...



One thing Allison is having a hard time with is calling our baby "he" and "him" instead of "it." I get on her everytime she calls Jackson an "it." :)

Well, Allison is in the Caymans all this week with her friend Ashley, and I am just hanging out at home. Don't feel bad for me...I love it. I have tickets to go to four Rangers games this week (and I might even add one to my schedule). I get to have a little "me time."

Allison had a hair appointment on Saturday, so she went to do that while I went to my company picnic. It was pretty fun...we had it at this place that had mini golf and batting cages. Naturally, since I had no partner to play mini golf with and I am in the middle of softball season, I spent most of my time at the cages. That proved to be a mistake. I probably took about 120 swings in the blistering (no pun intended...you will see) heat with wet/sweaty hands. This caused me to develop some nasty blisters on my left hand. I didn't do a good job of keeping my hands dry, so all the swinging and rubbing did me in. However, I did try the 80 MPH cage and I didn't do nearly as bad as I thought I would. I do have to say that I don't think it was truly 80 MPH. It was probably closer to 70 MPH. It is crazy to think that baseballs at that speed are considered SLOW pitches in the major leagues. That stuff looked pretty fast to me. I can't imagine seeing a 96 MPH pitch. After I jacked my hand up, I went back inside for the door prize drawings. It was one of those where you put your tickets in a bag of the prize you want. Since Allison wasn't there to manipulate me, of course I put my tickets in the things I wanted: Best Buy gift cards and Texas Rangers tickets. To give you the short version, I was sitting at a table with the Partner and Senior Manager on my biggest client (my bosses). The Partner won a couple of times, but they were for things he didn't want (which is funny because he had to have put the tickets in the bags...) so he offered the gift card to Aeropostale to me. I figured why not? I have never set foot in that store, but at least I was going to come out of there with something. Turns out that later on I had my ticket drawn for Rangers tickets, so I traded in that Aeropostale gift card. Yes, I won four prime seats to a Rangers game near the end of the season...hopefully, at the time when they are in the pennant race.

After the picnic, Allison and I went to look at some places to rent. We found a place for a good price in a good area and we are going to submit the application tomorrow as a matter of fact. One of my next couple of posts will inform you about what ends up happening.

Sunday, we woke up early (read 5:30 AM) to get Allison to the airport for her 7:00 AM flight. And so began my week of "freedom" which will probably be the last of my life until I send all of our future children off to college. I have watched movies and TV and just bummed around the apartment. However, I did do something somewhat constructive in that I formatted our computer's hard drive, which basically means I erased everything and started from scratch...as if I just took the computer out of the box. I had to back up a ton of pictures, music, videos, and other personal files but that was not really a problem. I just copied everything to our 500 GB external hard drive. I am actually typing this as I download programs to repopulate our computer.

0 comments: