Allison and I had a fairly eventful weekend.
We started it off by checking out a few places to live Saturday morning. I had done some searching online to find houses or townhomes that we might like. We have decided that we don't want to buy a house right now. Believe me, we have heard all the incentives for buying one right now, but it's just not something we feel is right for us right now and in the near future. Anyway, we still want to move out of our apartment and into something bigger to accommodate the baby. And we also want more of a "homey" feel when we bring our child home. Allison has made it clear that she does not want to bring a baby home to an apartment from the hospital (and neither do I for that matter). Some places look promising, but we are trying to find the right balance of price, size, and location (proximity to downtown and non-shady area).
Just kind of on a whim, we decided to go to the Rangers game Saturday night. Turns out that was harder than I expected. You see...I am used to years past (and even earlier this season) when the Rangers were in last place and they were nowhere near sold out...thus making it easy to buy tickets the day of the game and pretty much sit wherever you wanted. Well, I guess when you have the best record in the American League, the bandwagon fans come out in droves. We had to sit in the very last row under the overhang. My usual seats out in left field were sold out. I guess it's good that they have fans coming out to support the team, but it leaves me feeling a little cynical. Oh, the best part is that we went to a game where the Rangers won 14-1. It was a slaughter and something I hadn't physically witnessed in a long time.
Sunday after church, Allison and I went shopping for baby stuff. We started out at Gap and Old Navy looking for maternity clothes for Allison. She found a few things, and I picked up something for myself as a reward for accompanying her. After that, we stopped at Lone Star Baby and Kids to look for a stroller and car seat. Now, we had already done our due diligence by checking out reviews online with Consumer Reports to find the best ones. Turns out that the ones we liked (before knowing the ratings) ended up being the best.
http://www.chiccousa.com/gear/travel-systems/cortina-30lb-systems/travel-systems-30-romantic.aspx
That is the link to our purchase. It was backordered, but it should be ready in about a month. Plenty of time for the baby. We also looked at cribs and playpens and furniture, but we are going to space out our purchases. We have 5 months to get everything squared away.
As I mentioned Friday, I am in Atlanta this week...so this coming Friday's blog post may be pretty dry and boring. But maybe something interesting will happen while I am in the Peach State.
Monday, June 1, 2009
House hunting, Ranger game, baby stuff
Posted by Jonathan Green at 10:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment