Allison and I have been able to talk thanks to the genius of Jonathan Green. Well, that might be a little of an overstatement, but I did figure out a way for us to talk without having to pay international calling rates. Since I got a new iPhone, my old one is pretty much just an iPod Touch now (with no cellular service). But...the old phone does still have wireless capabilities. And there is a program called Skype which allows people to talk over the internet for free. So I had Allison take my old iPhone with her so she can use Skype when connected to the wireless internet in her hotel room. And it has worked like a charm. I am very excited that I get to talk to her because we both would have been sad if we couldn't talk to each other for a week.
The biggest news from my week is the Rangers game I went to on Wednesday. To make a long story short...the Rangers' closer blew a save in the top of the ninth, allowing the game to be tied before the Rangers got to bat in the bottom of the inning. Then Hank Blalock hit a walk off two run homer to win the game. AND THEN...some guy ran out onto the field and juked the heck out of the security guards chasing him. One fell down just out of sheer confusion and another tried to dive tackle him and did a belly flop on the grass. In the end, the guy gave himself up after running out of breath. It was the greatest ending to a game I have ever seen in person.
Now, I am gearing up for the Rangers series this weekend...I am going to all three games against the Rays on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
I will get Allison to provide a full report of her Grand Caymans trip on Monday. That will probably be a pretty robust post. :)
Friday, July 3, 2009
Rangers weekend
Posted by Jonathan Green at 4:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment