Monday, July 13, 2009

Allison is a slacker

That being said, I guess you all won't get to hear about her trip to Grand Cayman. If she ever decides to write something up about it, I will post it here.

We just spent a nice little weekend in Denver. We went to Hard Rock Cafe, the Denver Aquarium, and then to a Rockies game. Since Allison has all the pictures and she is no longer with me, I will have to wait until she sends them to me before I can add them here for visual aids. On Sunday, we went up to Lafayette, CO to visit Allison's cousin Rebecca and her family. It also turns out that Rebecca's parents, Jim and Lisa (Sic Em Bears!) were also in town. We had a good time visiting with everyone and I got to play a little football with the boys.

Now, Allison is gone and I prepare myself to spend a week in Greeley, CO.

Allison and I have signed a lease on a house in north Lake Highlands (northeast corner of Royal/Abrams). We are going to move in August 1st. The house is actually a duplex, and normally that would probably not be something we would be interested in, but the landlord lives next door and the house is close to Robyn and Cole. Plus, the price was pretty good. Our realtor Lindsay has been great and was very helpful.

I hadn't yet blogged about this, so I will mention it now. Remember the Rangers games I said I was going to attend (Rangers Weekend)? Well, it turns out that the Rangers won all three games. Like I said, I had never been to all three games of a series...let alone a sweep. And another cool thing is that on Sunday night, the game was on ESPN, and I sat right below the broadcasters. I got Joe Morgan and Steve Philips to stand up and give me a thumbs up.

On the softball circuit, my team is doing pretty well. We are currently 3-1, and I had a particularly good game a couple of weeks ago. I was a single short of hitting for the cycle. I had a homerun, a triple, and a double.

On the baby front, Jackson continues to be active...Allison tells me he is always moving around. And we have started trying to decide what bedding we are going to get. It has turned out to be a bit of an ordeal, but I am trying to distance myself from it and only provide opinions when directly asked.

0 comments: