Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day

As I sit at home alone enjoying my day off while Allison works, I think that having this baby will be the best thing for Allison with regards to work. She gets worked like a rented mule and is just flat worn out. Having three months maternity leave will be good for her. Now, I know it isn't going to be a "fun-filled vacation" and will be hard work in its own right, but at least she won't be in an office or at home reading/reviewing tax returns at 11:30pm while watching a movie with me. My hope is that maybe while she is gone, Grant Thornton and Allison both will realize that each can function without one another at the current level of involvement, which will hopefully translate into a lighter workload. Plus, then she can play the "new baby" card if it gets to be too much.

Well, our weekends officially got pretty busy between now and Jackson's arrival. Between showers, college football games, a high school reunion, baby-related classes, Ranger games, etc. we are pretty busy on Saturdays/Sundays for the next 10 or so weekends.

Speaking of college football, Baylor beat a pretty good ACC team (Wake Forest) in Winston-Salem. Of all the Big 12 wins this weekend, it was probably the most impressive as it was technically an upset on the road (#9-ranked Oklahoma State beat #13-ranked Georgia team at home). Perhaps it is a sign of things to come. I was pretty pumped about that.

Speaking of baby classes, Allison and I registered for Lamaze classes, breastfeeding classes, and baby CPR classes. Those gear up in a week.

Now, I should probably get to cleaning/organizing Jackson's room to make room for the crib and furniture that will arrive in a few weeks. We are still using it as a storage space for all of our random things that we haven't found a place for since we moved. That is my task for today.

0 comments: