Interesting.
The nurse talked about how to tell if you are in labor, what the phases of labor are like, how to help with easing the labor process, and we watched a video of a birth. We have three more classes to go. Now, I obviously abbreviated everything that went on in class, but it was informative...probably more so for Allison than for me. But informative nonetheless.
I got a call that the crib and glider will be delivered next week. It was supposed to be today, but neither Allison nor myself could be home this afternoon for delivery to take place.
I am trying to psyche myself up for everything that is about to come. Saying or hearing phrases like "when my son is born" and "about to be a father" still sound foreign to me, but I am gradually getting more and more used to the idea. Which is good because as you can see by the baby tracker, we are down to single digits in weeks. I have been told by my friend Greg that it doesn't hit you really hard until a couple of weeks before the due date. And that makes sense because as I learned in the baby class, full term is 40 weeks +/- 2 weeks. So at 38 weeks, I will definitely be on high alert.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Had our first baby class
Posted by Jonathan Green at 6:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment