Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Praying for our Friend



Jackson’s sweet little friend Samuel has been diagnosed with a Wilms' Tumor. This is a type of kidney cancer found in children. It usually occurs when certain cells multiply uncontrollably on the kidney which grows into a mass. Kimberly (Samuel’s mom) took Samuel in to the doctor on Monday with a high fever, cold symptoms as well as this hard spot on his stomach. The Dr immediately sent them to the hospital. Yesterday they did a CT scan to figure out what it was and they found out from the oncologist Tuesday night and are currently in emergency surgery (as I type this). We are praying without ceasing for this sweet family and ask for your help in lifting Samuel and this family up to the Lord. Pray that God will provide wisdom to the Doctors as they care for Samuel and that He would give comfort to Samuel during this time and peace to Robert & Kimberly (Samuel’s parents).

As I heard the news progressing over the day yesterday, I have gone through so many emotions. It brings new meaning to the fact that our children are not ours. They are God's. And God has been kind enough to trust them to us for a short time. But at the end of the day, He is the one that has them in His hands. When faced with such an awful situation it is nice to know that we don't have to carry the burden in these situations. God is/has already carried it for us!

I have poked and prodded Jackson to pieces over the last 24hrs. I have pressed on his stomach like no other. Last night as I was doing it, he just twisted his head so he could see my face and just started laughing. At that moment, I realized that no matter what poking and prodding I do, Jackson is in God's hands and that i just have to give him to God. I have been overwhelmed with emotions over the last 24 hours and I'm so thankful for the lessons that God teaches me through such a little guy!

I’m honored that we serve a God that has everything in his control. And we can trust that when all things seem to be crashing down around us He is always there and has a plan. I can’t even imagine the emotions this family is feeling as I don’t understand why, why, why – But I trust that HE knows Why!

0 comments: