Saturday, February 6, 2010

We have a new game

Jackson and I have a new game we like to play. He has a really soft blanket that he lays on, then I grab both ends and wrap him up for a few seconds, rocking him side to side. He really has a blast and will sometimes get irritated if I don't do it enough times to his liking. And when I grab both sides and get that look in my eye like I am about to do it, he gets excited and gets "ready" for it. It's awesome that he and I have something special that is just ours...between us. And I think it's cool that he is old/smart enough to know when someone is playing a game and he knows it's for fun.

And here is a funny story. I was putting him down for a nap this morning, and he was out cold. He was limp in my arms and I laid him down in his crib. He laid there for about 2 seconds before his eyes shot open, he looked right at me, and started giggling. I about peed my pants because I was laughing right along with him. Totally caught me off guard. He is so much fun and such a good baby.

By all accounts, our nanny Brittany has been good. I am not here during the week to really have much first hand knowledge, but it sounds like Allison likes her. Personally, I think she will work out great for us. And it turns out that a guy I work with knows her from a church group. He said that he would trust his kids with her (if he had any). So it's good to hear that reassurance from someone I trust. I think that really put Allison's mind at ease about trusting our son with a stranger.

Speaking of Brittany, she took some really good pictures of Jackson on his three month "birthday." I have uploaded our favorites to photobucket and have some quick (smaller) copies to show you here...



**OFFICIAL THREE MONTH PICTURE**

******





You can really feel the bump in his gums where his tooth is coming in.

Allison has completed her first week, and it has been a little rough. Me being out of town has compounded things because Allison has no support after 4pm when Brittany goes home.

Jackson also got his second round of shots this week and was a trooper. He didn't really cry very much when he got the shot, but apparently he screamed bloody murder when Allison tried to put his clothes back on. The boy likes to be naked (i.e. just in his diaper).

As I post this, Allison and Jackson are playing. He is talking up a storm and he is loving Allison scrunching her face and then saying "Boo!" He can also support himself "standing up." We have to balance him, but he is carrying all of his weight on his legs. I guess all of that kicking has strengthened his legs...

0 comments: