Thursday, February 25, 2010

Baby dedication

Well, the newest tidbit of information is that Jackson was a part of Baby Dedication Sunday this past weekend at Prestonwood Baptist Church. He was a bit fussy when we were lined up outside the sanctuary, but when we got inside, he was mesmerized by all the people and lights so he didn't cry. We were worried that he would be "that baby." And that would have been sad because he really isn't a fussy baby. He is generally a very happy and well-behaved boy.

Obligatory photo of the girly-looking outfit he wore:




Family picture:




My parents, Allison's parents, Hannah, Katherine, and Ben all came last weekend. It was an action-filled weekend...because Saturday before the dedication, Jackson had a "Sip and See" party. Basically, it was just an excuse for the girls to get together and bring the kids and have some social time. And then Saturday afternoon he had a quick photoshoot with the professional photographer. Between all of that and the crowd of people all around him, he was very good.

In case you haven't heard, Dallas had a massive snowstorm a couple of weeks ago. Jackson got to see the Dallas record for snowfall in a single day, and he was only three months old. He peaked too soon because he may never see it snow like that again in Texas.



He is very close to rolling over, as in he may do it any day now. He rolls onto his side, but can't quite maneuver his arm out of the way to allow himself to get to his stomach. Maybe he isn't as lazy as Allison says he is. But she will be the first to tell you that I am, in fact, as lazy as she says I am.

Now that I am back in Dallas for a while, I am able to help Allison out while she spends the next few weeks working hard in the middle of her busy season. Since out nanny leaves at 4pm, someone has to be home to take over caring for Jackson. Allison has a lot of work to do, so I volunteered to do that for her Wednesday night. Unfortunately, I had plenty of work to do myself (long story). So I decided that I would just go home and get Jackson at 4pm and take him back to the office with me so I could work late with my team. And by team I mean one guy...Jordan. We had a good time watching him and playing with him, while staying in the conference room. He was on his best behavior and kept himself entertained for the most part which allowed us to get a lot of work done.



Tomorrow night, Allison and I get to spend Valentine's Day together while Jackson's Grandma and Grandpa come to babysit.

0 comments: