Thursday, December 17, 2009

Traveling

Jackson had his first out of town trip this past weekend. We went down to Waco for the weekend, which was basically a stop on the way to Temple where Allison and I went to Chris and Greg's annual Christmas party (where old friends gather and new friends meet). The party was lots of fun, and we were glad to get to see some people that we haven't seen in a while. We left Jackson in the care of my parents for the evening. It was the first time that Allison and I were both gone and left him with someone else. I guess Grandma and Grandpa did alright. He was still alive when we got him back with no apparent physical or emotional scars. I guess they have improved since I was a baby. (Just kidding...you know I love you guys and you are the greatest parents ever!) Also, my Pawpaw and his wife, Judy, came to Waco to meet Jackson for the first time. They wanted to get some personal time with him because they know everyone will want a chance when we all get together this weekend. My parents have a lot of fun playing with Jackson...



This week, I have been off work since I get two weeks of parental leave (think of it as maternity leave for the father). Allison has been volunteering for Junior League to make up for lost time from being on bed rest and then having a baby. Jackson and I get to hang out just me and him for several hours each day. He is becoming more aware of his surroundings and is responding to stimulation. I even think he is starting to smile on purpose when I play with him. He has gotten really good at keeping his head up, so he will be sitting in his bumbo seat before long.

Justin and Rachel Dillard from our Sunday school class brought us barbeque for dinner last night. They brought over their little girl, Em, who is about three weeks older than Jackson (and about three pounds bigger too). We had a great time getting visit with them (since it had been a while) and getting to meet little Em!

Now, we are preparing for our two week trip away from home in our "Tour of Texas." We start in Waco on Friday, then leave for New Braunfels on Saturday. We go to Boerne on Sunday (returning to New Braunfels that night) then Monday we head back to Waco for a few days before going to Lufkin for a week and then we come back to Dallas. We will see how he holds up!



Oh, and we also started looking for a nanny. We joined a website called gonannies.com and have started looking at profiles. There are a few that stand out to us, so we are going to try to start the interview process early next week. And on the outside chance someone knows someone...
We are looking for full time care starting Monday, February 1, 2010 (although this can be somewhat negotiable). Hours would be weekdays from 8am to 4pm (roughly).

I added some new pictures to Photobucket. A side note: the pictures are presented in chronological order, and they go from oldest to newest. So the ones I uploaded are near the end on the last page(s).

0 comments: