Sorry this took me so long to post, but Saturday was a landmark day. Allison, Jackson, and myself got in the car and went to Babies R Us. That was the first time that we had taken Jackson anywhere in public (not counting the doctor). He was very good and just slept while we walked around the store looking for a few things. He did such a good job that we took him next door to Best Buy to let Allison and I do some Christmas shopping. I was very glad he didn't have a screaming fit in the store...I didn't want to be "that guy."
Sunday, we tried getting out again...this time to church. Jackson was fed and loaded in the car seat and went to sleep on the way. He didn't make much of a peep during our Sunday School class. Everyone was excited to finally see him, and it was good for Allison and I to go to class since it has been forever since we had been. Between travel, Allison's late term bed rest, birth, holidays, etc. It had been a long time.
Sunday afternoon, I convinced Allison to go to an ornament exchange with the girls from our Sunday School class (she didn't want to go and worry about feeding him and not getting some stuff done around the house). Allison doesn't get out much (as you can imagine) so I told her to take advantage of the fact that I was at home and able to watch Jackson. She went and had a good time. Jackson and I got to hang out a little bit and watch some football. Speaking of Jackson and football, I have already devised his nickname for when he plays linebacker in the NFL: Jackhammer. I know, it sounds awesome.
But before that nickname takes shape, he has to shake the one I have currently tagged him with: George Costanza. For those of you who like Seinfeld, you know exactly who I am talking about. I call him that because, like George, Jackson is bald on the front top of his head, but still has the classic horseshoe pattern around the sides. He looks like a 60 year old balding man.
Last night, Ryan and Lindsay Craig from our Sunday School class brought us dinner, so we got to visit with them for a little bit. By the way, the pizza was delicious...Ryan, you should try it. Sweet n Spicy with butter crust. And I don't want to leave out the Gordons. Jon brought us dinner on December 2nd. :) Erin couldn't come because little Claire was sick. :(
Allison went to the lactation consultant this afternoon to discuss feeding and to get Jackson weighed to make sure he is growing like he should. He came in weighing 7 lbs. 3 oz. That number is right on track. He weighed 6 lbs. on November 19th, which was 19 days ago and he is supposed to gain an ounce a day. Well, 7 lbs. 3 oz. is exactly 19 more ounces than 6 lbs. It confirms what we already knew...Jackson is perfect!
He is also getting really good at holding his head up. When we sling him over the shoulder to burp him, he keeps his head up and looks around like crazy. There is obviously still a little head bobbing, but I think it's impressive.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Our first trip out as a family
Posted by Jonathan Green at 4:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment