Happy Easter! - Allison again.
We had a great day today on this Easter Sunday. We went to church this morning in Waco at First Woodway with Jonathan's family. The sermon was really good and Jonathan and I both commented on how we enjoyed it and how we miss Dr. Toby's preaching. In college, Jonathan and I would go to First Woodway when I was in Waco.
Jackson had a good first easter. Here a picture of him with his Easter Basket.
Family Easter Picture
Enjoying his Easter basket from Grandpa and Grandma
Really only interested in the tissue paper!
Here are some pictures of Jackson from yesterday in his Easter play outfit from Grandma and Grandpa - he looks so much like Jonathan - I think it may be the HAT!
Oh and by the way, while I'm talking about hats. I'm sure if you know Jonathan at all you know about his "HAT"! It is this nasty hat that Jonathan would not part with no matter how much I begged. It is a Baylor Basketball hat that is white, well now brown. He has had it since before we started dating. It was even disgusting when we first started dating. As a wedding gift he "washed" it in the diswasher but would not part with it. It helped a little but all in all it is just a sweaty nasty cap.
You see Jonathan is a HUGE Baylor Basketball fan. When he was in college he would go to the State Farm Baylor Hour at a local restaurant in Waco. When Coach Drew first came to Baylor he was at the Baylor Hour on night and came around to the tables to greet people. Coach Drew told Jonathan it was time to get him a new hat and Jonathan said he would only part with it when Coach Drew took the team to the "Sweet Sixteen". As of last week . . . NO MORE NASTY HAT!
So last week we were going to dinner and Jonathan and I were discussing what he was going to do with his "HAT". I said we need to get a shadow box and put it in it. Then Jonathan was like I want to send it to Coach Drew and ask him to have the team sign it and send it back to me. I thought that was a good idea, but I thought he should probably email Coach Drew and make sure he would do it before he parted with his HAT. I knew we would never hear the end of it if the Hat got lost in the mail or if it disappeared. So Jonathan emailed Coach Drew last night and within a couple of hours Coach Drew emailed him back and said "HAHA - send it and he would have the team sign it and send back". Jonathan was so excited and I'm so glad he asked. To be honest, I didn't think he would do it, but didn't hurt to ask right. As much as I have hated that hat over the years, I'm glad Jonathan will get such a cool keepsake to remember the Baylor run in the NCAA tournament!
Sunday, April 4, 2010
HE IS RISEN!
Posted by Jonathan Green at 4:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment