I know it has been a while since my last blog post, but fear not...I have not given up on my blogging habits.
I just haven't had anything worth blogging about (or I have just forgotten to update it).
Anyway, quick rundown of stuff since March 19th:
Baylor beat more teams in the NIT. They followed up Georgetown with Virgina Tech, Auburn, and San Diego State. Tomorrow night (April 2nd) they are playing in the NIT Championship Game at Madison Square Garden in New York.
My March 26th softball game got rained out. So no new highlight-reel catches to mention.
Allison and I got our second chair back from Katherine (Allison's sister) and her husband, Ben. It looks great in our living room and I am excited to have it back now that we rearranged our furniture and made room for it.
In American Idol musings, Adam Lambert should be taken out into an alley behind an old Chinese restaurant and summarily beaten with his own shoe. What he did to "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash was nothing short of blasphemous. I still like Danny Gokey the best but Matt Giraud is high on my list as well. The fact he was in the bottom three last week blows my mind.
My parents stayed with us this past Friday night to split their trip from Waco to DFW Airport since their flight for Ft. Lauderdale left early Saturday morning. They are on a cruise as we speak...
I got tickets to the Rangers Opening Day game this week. They are nosebleeders, but they get us in the door. The real fun happens before and after the game anyway.
Allison and I bought Kenny Chesney tickets to his show on May 2nd (Allison's birthday). I had bought some more expensive tickets originally, but we later decided that we were going to take it down a notch and not go that expensive. So I ended up selling the original tickets using craigslist. I have to say, I have only used craigslist twice, and both times it worked out nicely.
We have been having trouble with our Directv DVR lately. First it got full with all the shows we have been saving (and not deleting), so to free up space, we went on a deletion spree. However, this did not give us any extra space. It still said it was 100% full after our mass removal of programs. We reset it and that fixed it. But after that, our receiver had just decided that it would randomly not record shows. Like yesterday, it recorded "The View" at 10am (you know I never miss an episode...) but it didn't record "American Idol" at 8pm. I called Directv and let them know I was pretty irritated and they walked me through something that they claim fixes the problem. We will see...
That's it in a nut shell. Now that my life is a little less jampacked with work and whatnot, I am going to try and update this bad boy a little more often. So be checking it out every couple of days.
And by the way, it is just a coincidence that I posted this on April Fool's Day. Ain't no fooling about anything I mentioned above, even though I know I have the reputation of a jokester.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
I am still here
Posted by Jonathan Green at 1:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment