Tuesday, February 24, 2009

First update

Allison doesn't like the idea of me posting random stuff about my life in this blog. She thinks it should be saved for significant events that happen in both of our lives. I tend to think this is one of those events:

Today at work, we had "Mardi Gras Trivia". There were 14 multiple choice questions about history and whatnot. I got 13 correct. For my efforts, I won a $10 Chick-fil-a gift card. Nice. Then I come to find out there is another Mardi Gras game. This time it's a word jumble...you know, the kind where you unscramble a bunch of words, then use letters from those words to form a sentence below. I finished first. And for that, I got a $5 Starbucks gift card. The next game was a word search. I know what you are thinking, but no...I did not get the trifecta. I came in second place. But hey, two out of three ain't bad.

For some reason, I was labeled a cheater because I took five minutes before the trivia to research some stuff on Mardi Gras. Everyone else had the same opportunity I did, but they didn't take advantage. So I proceeded to tell them that if that was cheating, then I cheated my way through high school, college, and the CPA Exam. I don't care, I have free chicken sandwiches and coffee and they don't.

In the accounting world, I have a client that might be needing to be re-audited for the past three years because their fiscal year ends have changed...and they need to have comparable year ends so you aren't looking at 12/31/08 numbers against 5/31/07 numbers. That is going to be quite a bit of work, and it will probably require me going back to Colorado for a while.

Also, I have discovered the ability to post to this blog via my iPhone. I am excited to try it out sometime if the situation warrants it.

0 comments: